边城浪子原著在线阅读:最常用最地道的英语口语汇编

来源:百度文库 编辑:九乡新闻网 时间:2024/04/28 04:22:44


Cool:That s cool! 年轻人常用的囗语“酷!”,表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。

What s up? = What s happening? = What s new?
见面时随囗问候的话“最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜事吗?”

一般的回答是“Nothing much!”或“Nothing new!”

Cut it out! = Knock it out
!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。

 

Potluck Party:一种聚餐方式,主人准备场地和餐具,

参加的人必须带一道菜或准备饮料,

最好事先问问主人的意思。 

    Pull over
!把车子开到旁边。 

    Drop me a line
!写封信给我。 

    Give me a ring. = Call me
!来个电话吧! 

    For here or to go
?堂食或外卖。 




    Don t give me a hard time!
别跟我过不去好不好! 

    Get yourself together!
振作点行不行! 

    Do you have the time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。 

    Hang in there. = Don t give up. = Keep trying. 再撑一下。 

    Give me a break! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话) 

    Hang on. 请稍候。 

    Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。 

    What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。 

    What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。 

    Go for it. 加油 

    You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的! 

    Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。 

    Don t be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好。 

    It s a long story. 唉!说来话长。 

    How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好? 

    Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。 

    Don t put on airs. 别摆架子。 

    Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧! 

    Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人 

    What s the catch? 有什么内幕? 

    Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢参加舞会的人) 

    Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 眼中钉,肉中刺。 

    Skeleton in the closet. 家丑 
Don t get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了! 

    A fat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小 

    I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑 

    She s a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚 

    Spacingout = daydreaming. 做白曰梦 

    I am so fed up. 我受够了! 

    It doesn t go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。 

    What s the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重点是什么? 

    By all means = Definitely. 一定是。 

    Let s get a bite. = Let s go eat. 去吃点东西吧! 

    I ll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It s on me. = Mytreat. 我请客 

    Let s go Dutch. 各付各的 

    My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服 

    diarrhea 拉肚子 

    吃牛排时,waiter会问“How would you like it?”就是问“要几分熟”的意思,可以选择rare,medium或 well-done。 

    I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well.= I m not myself. 我不太舒服! 

    May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你不能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。) 

    I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲! 

    Let s get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚! 

    What s the rush! 急什么! 

    Such a fruitcake! 神经病! 

    I ll swing by later. =I ll stop by later. 待会儿,我会来转一下。 

    I got the tip straight from the horse s mouth. 这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)! 

    easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。 

    flunk out 被当掉 

    take French leave 不告而别 

    I don t get the picture. =I don t understand. 我不明白。 

    You should give him a piece of your mind. 你应该向他表达你的不满。 

    hit the road = take off = get on one s way 离开。 

    Now he is in the driver s seat =He is in control now. 

    Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿态。 

    Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。 

    klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白痴、笨蛋。 
know one s way around 识途老马。 

    lion s share 大部份。 

    tailgate 尾随(尤其跟车跟得太近)。 

    take a back seat. 让步。 

    take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滚开。 

    hit the hay =go to bed 睡觉。 

    Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 载我一程好吗? 

    green hand 生手、没有经验的人。 

    moonshine = mountain dew 指私酿的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡说八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine. 

    chill out =calm down =relax(来自黑人英语) 

    rip off =steal:I was ripped off. 我被偷了;rip off 也常被用为“剥夺”My right was ripped off. 权利被剥夺(来自黑人英语)。 

    我们称美国大兵为G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德国兵或德国佬为 Fritzor Kraut,称英国佬为John Bull,曰本人为Jap.或Nip,犹太人为Jew都是 很不礼貌的称呼。 

    mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don t mess around. 赶快工作,别瞎搅和。 

    snob 势利眼 

    sneak in, sneak out 偷偷溜进去,溜出来 sneakers 运动鞋 

    She is such a brown-nose. 她是个马屁精。 

    This is in way over my head. 对我而言这实在太难了。 

    I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是个考试紧张大师,一考试胃就抽筋。 

    Keep your study (work) on track. 请按进度读书(工作)。 

    Did you come up with any ideas? 有没有想到什么新的意见? 

    Don t get uptight! Take it easy. 别紧张,慢慢来!

飘雨凡尘 11-12-2006 04:22

1.I’m an office worker. 我是上班族。 
2.I work for the government. 我在政府机关做事。 
3.I’m happy to meet you. 很高兴见到你。 
4.I like your sense of humor. 我喜欢你的幽默感。 
5.I’m glad to see you again. 很高兴再次见到你。 
6.I’ll call you. 我会打电话给你。 
7.I feel like sleeping/ taking a walk. 我想睡/散步。 
8.I want something to eat. 我想吃点东西。 
9.I need your help. 我需要你的帮助。 
10.I would like to talk to you for a minute. 我想和你谈一下。 
11.I have a lot of problems. 我有很多问题。 
12.I hope our dreams come true. 我希望我们的梦想成真。 
13.I’m looking forward to seeing you. 我期望见到你。 
14.I’m supposed to go on a diet / get a raise. 我应该节食/涨工资。 
15.I heard that you’re getting married. Congratulations.听说你要结婚了,恭喜! 
16.I see what your mean. 我了解你的意思。 
17.I can’t do this. 我不能这么做。 
18.Let me explain why I was late. 让我解释迟到的理由。 
19.Let’s have a beer or something. 咱们喝点啤酒什么的。 
20.Where is your office? 你们的办公室在哪? 
21.What is your plan? 你的计划是什么? 
22.When is the store closing? 这家店什么时候结束营业? 
23.Are you sure you can come by at nine? 你肯定你九点能来吗? 
24.Am I allowed to stay out past 10? 我可以十点过后再回家吗? 
25.The meeting was scheduled for two hours, but it is now over yet. 会议原定了两个小时,不过现在还没有结束。 
26.Tom’s birthday is this week. 汤姆的生曰就在这个星期。 
27.Would you care to see it/ sit down for a while? 你要不要看/坐一会呢? 
28.Can you cover for me on Friday/help me/ tell me how to get there? 星期五能不能请你替我个班/你能帮我吗/你能告诉我到那里怎么走吗? 
29.Could you do me a big favor? 能否请你帮我个忙? 
30.He is crazy about Crazy English. 他对疯狂英语很着迷。 
31.Can you imagine how much he paid for that car?你能想象他买那车花了多少钱吗? 
32.Can you believe that I bought a TV for $25? 
33.Did you know he was having an affair/cheating on his wife? 你知道他有外遇了吗?/欺骗他的妻子吗? 
34.Did you hear about the new project? 你知道那个新项目吗? 
35.Do you realize that all of these shirts are half off? 你知道这些衬衫都卖半价了吗? 
36.Are you mind if I take tomorrow off? 你介意我明天请假吗? 
37.I enjoy working with you very much. 我很喜欢和你一起工作。 
38.Did you know that Stone ended up marrying his secretary? 你知道吗?斯通最终和他的秘书结婚了。 
39.Let’s get together for lunch. 让我们一起吃顿午餐吧。 
40.How did you do on your test? 你这次考试的结果如何? 
41.Do you think you can come? 你认为你能来吗? 
42.How was your weekend ? 你周末过得怎么样? 
43.Here is my card. 这是我的名片。 
44.He is used to eating out all the time. 他已经习惯在外面吃饭了。 
45.I’m getting a new computer for birthday present. 我得到一台电脑作生曰礼物。 
46.Have you ever driven a BMW? 你有没有开过“宝马”? 
47.How about if we go tomorrow instead? 我们改成明天去怎么样? 
48.How do you like Hong Kong? 你喜欢香港吗? 
49.How do you want your steak? 你的牛排要几分熟? 
50.How did the game turn out? 球赛结果如何? 
51.How did Mary make all of her money? 玛丽所有的钱是怎么赚到的? 
52.How was your date? 你的约会怎么样? 
53.How are you doing with your new boss? 你跟你的新上司处得如何? 
54.How should I tell him the bad news? 我该如何告诉他这个坏消息? 
55.How much money did you make? 你赚了多少钱? 
56.How much does it cost to go abroad? 出国要多少钱? 
57.How long will it take to get to your house? 到你家要多久? 
58.How long have you been here? 你在这里多久了? 
59.How nice/pretty/cold/funny/stupid/boring/interesting. 
60.How about going out for dinner? 出去吃晚餐如何? 
61.I’m sorry that you didn’t get the job. 很遗憾,你没有得到那份工作。 
62.I’m afraid that it’s not going to work out. 我恐怕这事不会成的。 
63.I guess I could come over. 我想我能来。 
64.Is it okay to smoke in the office? 在办公室里抽烟可以吗? 
65.It was kind of exciting. 有点剌激。 
66.I know what you want. 我知道你想要什么。 
67.Is that why you don’t want to go home? 这就是你不想回家的原因吗? 
68.I’m sure we can get you a great / good deal. 我很肯定我们可以帮你做成一笔好交易。 
69.Would you help me with the report? 你愿意帮我写报告吗? 
70.I didn’t know he was the richest person in the world.我不知道他是世界上最有钱的人。 
71.I’ll have to ask my boss/wife first.我必须先问一下我的老板/老婆。 
72.I take it you don’t agree. 这么说来,我认为你是不同意。 
73.I tried losing weight, but nothing worked. 我曾试着减肥,但是毫无效果。 
74.It doesn’t make any sense to get up so early.那么早起来没有任何意义。 
75.It took years of hard work to speak good English. 讲一口流利的英语需要多年的刻苦*练。 
76.It feels like spring/ I’ve been here before. 感觉好象春天到了/我以前来过这里。 
77.I wonder if they can make it. 我在想他们是不是能办得到。  
78.It’s not as cold / hot as it was yesterday. 今天不想昨天那么冷/热。 
79.It’s not his work that bothers me; it’s his attitude. 困扰我的不是他的工作,而是他的态度。 
80.It sounds like you enjoyed it. 听起来你好象蛮喜欢的。 
81.It seems to me that be would like to go back home. 我觉得他好象想要回家。 
82.It looks very nice. 看起来很漂亮。 
83.Is everything under control? 一切都在掌握之中吗? 
84.I thought you could do a better job. 我以为你的表现会更好。 
85.It’s time for us to say “No” to America. 是我们对美国说不的时候了。 
86.The show is supposed to be good. 这场表演应当是相当好的。 
87.It really depends on who is in charge. 那纯粹要看谁负责了。 
88.It involves a lot of hard work. 那需要很多的辛勤工作。 
89.That might be in your favor. 那可能对你有利。 
90.I didn’t realize how much this meant to you. 我不知道这个对你的意义有这么大。 
91.I didn’t mean to offend you. 我不是故意冒犯你。 
92.I was wondering if you were doing anything this weekend. 我想知道这个周末你有什么要做。 
93.May I have your attention., please? 请大家注意一下。 
94.This is great golfing / swimming/ picnic weather. 这是个打高尔夫球/游泳/野餐的好天气。 
95.Thanks for taking me the movie. 谢谢你带我去看电影。 
96.I am too tired to speak. 我累得说不出活来。 
97.Would you tell me your phone number? 你能告诉我你的电话号码吗? 
98.Where did you learn to speak English? 你从哪里学会说英语的呢? 
99.There is a TV show about AIDS on right now. 电视正在播放一个关于爱滋病的节目。 
100.What do you think of his new job/ this magazine? 你对他的新工作/这本杂志看法如何?   
How's everything? 一切都好? 
What's up? 近况如何? 
What's new? 有什么新鲜事? 
What's happening? 在忙什么?  
任何时后都可以用,但比较见外: 
How are you? 你好吗?  
适用于第一次见面: 
Nice to meet you. 很高兴见到你。 
适用于曾经见过,但不太熟的人: 
Nice to see you again. 很高兴再见到你。 
适用于有一阵子没见面的朋友: 
How have you been? 你过得怎么样?  
适用于很久没见的朋友: 
Long time no see. 好久不见。 



Vocabulary:
sitting: occupying an official position; incumbent(在任期内的;现任的) 
stand by: be available or ready for a certain function or service(准备行动) 
fall out : have a breach in relations(争吵,闹翻) 
leery : suspicious or distrustful; wary(猜疑的,不相信的;警惕的) 
discount: a reduction from the full or standard amount of a price or debt(折扣) 
slash : to reduce or curtail drastically(削减) 
privy: made a participant in knowledge of something private or secret(私下知情的)
plateau: a relatively stable level, period, or state(比较稳定的水平、时期或状态) 
facelift “洗脸”