西安羊肉泡馍加盟店:出色的老戴夫

来源:百度文库 编辑:九乡新闻网 时间:2024/05/02 02:51:32

Good old Dave

        出色的老戴夫

 

Morris walks out in the street and manages to get a taxi just going by. He gest into the taxi , and the cab driver says , “Perfect timing . You’re just like Dave.”

   莫里斯走上街,叫到了一辆刚好路过的出租车。上车后,司机对他说:“时间正好。你就跟戴夫一样。”

     “Who?”

  “谁?”

“Dave Aronson . There’s a guy who did everything right. Like my coming along when you needed a cab. It would have happened like that to Dave.”

   “戴夫-阿伦森。那家伙什么事都做得好。就像你需要出租车时我正好经过一样。这种事也会发生在戴夫身上。”

“There are always a faw clouds over everybody,” says Morris.

“人身上总会有些缺陷吧。”莫里斯说。

“Not Dave He was a terrific athlete . He could have gone on the pro tour in tennis. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera barit one and danced like a Broadway star.”

“戴夫不一样。他是一个出色的运动员。他可以参加职业网球巡回赛。他能和职业选手打高尔夫球。他拥有歌剧中男中音的歌喉,而跳舞犹如百老汇明星。”

“He was something , wasn’t he ?”

“他可真了不起,不是吗?”

“He had a perfect memory.Could remember everybody’s birthday. He knew all about wine, which fork to eat with . He could fix anything . Not like me .I black out the whole neihborhood.”

“他拥有完美的记忆,可以记住每个人的生日。他熟知葡萄酒,了解该用何种餐叉进餐。他什么都会修。跟我不一样。我换保险丝都导致四邻停电。”

“No wonder you remember him .”

“难怪你记得他。”

“Well , I never actually met Dave.”

“哦,其实我从未见过戴夫。”

“Then how do you know so much about him ? ”asks Morris.

“那你怎么这么了解他?”莫里斯问。

“Because I married his widow . ”

“因为我娶了他的遗孀。”