自动吹瓶机:一首在海外华人引起轰动的英文诗:太震撼了

来源:百度文库 编辑:九乡新闻网 时间:2024/05/01 08:41:22

───What Do You Really Want from Us

───我们究竟如何才能让你们满意?

 

  When we were the Sick Man of Asia,

以往我们是东亚病夫,

  

we were called The Yellow Peril.

  你们把我们称作黄祸

 

  When we are billed to be the next Superpower,

现在我们正在崛起,

 

  we are called The Threat.

  而你们又视我们为灾难

 

 

  When we closed our doors,

以往我们闭关锁国,

 

  you smuggled drugs to open markets.

  你们用鸦片烟做敲门砖

 

  When we embrace Free Trade,

现在我们贸易自由,

 

  You blame us for taking away your jobs.

  你却抱怨我们抢了你的饭碗

 

  When we were falling apart,

以往我们国将不国,

 

  You marched in your troops and wanted your fair share.

  你们狠毒地落井下石。

 

 

  When we tried to put the broken pieces back together again,

现在我们团结一心,

 

  Free Tibet you screamed, It Was an Invasion!

  你们却又分化瓦解

 

  When tried Communism,

以往我们信仰共产主义,

 

  you hated us for being Communist.

你们为此痛恨我们

 

When we embrace Capitalism,

现在我们发展资本主义,

 

  you hate us for being Capitalist.

  你们却又嫉妒阻挠

 

  When we have a billion people,

我们人口众多,

 

  you said we were destroying the planet.

  你们指责我们破坏环境

 

  When we tried limiting our numbers,

于是我们计划生育,

 

  you said we abused human rights.

  你们又对我们说教人权

 

 

  When we were poor,

以往我们贫穷落后,

 

  you thought we were dogs.

  你们不把我们当人看

 

  When we loan you cash,

现在是你向我们借钱,

 

  you blame us for your national debts.

  却抱怨我们增加了你们的债务

 

  When we build our industries,

我们发展工业,

 

  you call us Polluters.

  你说我们污染了环境

 

  When we sell you goods,

你们消费我们的产品,

  you blame us for global warming.

  却让我们背负使地球变暖的罪名

 

When we buy oil,

我们购买石油,

 

  you call it exploitation and genocide.

  你们说我们消耗资源

 

  When you go to war for oil,

你们为霸占油田而发动战争,

 

  you call it liberation.

  却美其名曰:解放人类

 

  When we were lost in chaos and rampage,

    以往我们天下大乱,

 

  you demanded rules of law.

  你们对我们大谈法制

 

  When we uphold law and order against violence,

而当我们依靠法律制止暴乱,

 

  you call it violating human rights.

  你们就说这是践踏人权

 

  When we were silent,

以往我们沉默,

 

  you said you wanted us to have free speech.

  你们说我们言论无自由。

 

  When we are silent no more,

  现在我们发出自己的声音,

 

  you say we are brainwashed-xenophobes.

  你却辱骂我们是一群被洗脑的愤青

 

  ──“Why do you hate us so much﹖”we asked.

  ──“为什么你们如此仇视我们?”───我们想知道

 

  ──“No, you answered, we don't hate you.

  ──“不”,你说,“我们并非仇恨你们”

 

    ──We don't hate you either, But, do you understand us?

    ──我们也不希望煽动仇恨;那么,你们了解我们吗?

 

    ──“Of course we do, you said, We have AFP, CNN and BBC's ······”

    ──“当然”,你说,“我们的消息来源就是AFP,CNN,还有BBC

 

  OhWhat do you really want from us?

  是么?那么你们到底希望我们怎么做?

 

  Think hard first, then answer ······

  请认真想一想,

 

  Because you only get so many chances.

  不要再肆意信口开河!

 

  Enough is Enough,

  是坦诚面对的时候了,

 

  Enough Hypocrisy for This One World.

  在这个世界上谎言已经说得够多!

 

  We want One World, One Dream, and Peace on Earth.

  我们要一个共同的世界,共同的梦想,和一个安宁的地球!

 

  This Big Blue Earth is Big Enough for all of Us.

  在这蓝色的星球上你们生存,我们也要生存!