遮光原材料 纤尼龙:职场英语：你该换工作吗？ - 『原版英语』 阅读网
来源：百度文库 编辑：九乡新闻网 时间：2022/12/10 07:30:09
by Debra Davenport, for Yahoo! HotJobs
If you're not thrilled with your career, if you don't wake up excited about the day's prospects, or if you feel that your work has no intrinsic value, then it's time to get serious about making a change.
Knowing a Good Fit
The right career is a positive, productive and natural extension of you, your value system and your natural talents. The right career "fits"; it may not come effortlessly, but it does come naturally. It provides you with purpose, a positive self image and a sense of pride.
Just like finding your ideal mate, finding your ideal career has a lot to do with compatibility on many different levels. Your career must be a comfortable match with your personality, lifestyle, interests, skills, spiritual inclinations and values.
Signs of a Bad Fit
You know you're in the wrong career if:
* It is strictly a means to put food on the table
* It's just some job you took 10 years ago because, at the time, it was the only one you could find.
* Your parents are proud, but you're bored to tears.
* Your job makes you unhappy, damages your self-esteem, compromises your values, or undermines your integrity.
* You live for the weekend.
Here's another checklist to help you assess your current employment situation. Check the statements that apply to you (and ignore for now the letter after each statement):
1. I look forward to going to work almost every day. (S) 几乎每天都期望去上班
2. My employer treats me fairly and with respect. (S) 雇主待我很好、尊重我
3. I live for the weekend, or any days away from work. (G) 只盼过周末、或任何不用上班的日子
4. I feel valued and appreciated for my professional contributions. (S) 感到自己的贡献被尊重、被欣赏。
5. My workplace feels "toxic." (G) 工作环境很糟糕
6. I can be myself at work and not have to worry about being judged. (S) 我可以展现自我本色，也不必担心别人如何评价。
7. I am included in my company's "information loop." (S) 我已被纳入公司的“知情圈”内
8. My employer discusses with me and provides opportunities for advancement and professional development. (S) 雇主和我讨论提升和提供职业发展的机会
9. I am commended for the extra effort I perform. (S) 我的额外努力获得了表扬
10. I am stimulated intellectually and creatively by my work. (S) 工作激发了我的智慧和创造性
11. I feel that I am making a positive contribution to society. (S) 我感到自己对社会做出积极的贡献
12. I am compensated well for my work. (S) 我从工作中得到了合理的报酬
13. I find myself daydreaming frequently about a new career. (G) 常常幻想新职业
14. I feel that my work is a natural extension of who I am as a human being. (S) 我感到工作是自己作为一名人类的一个自然延伸。
15. I see myself as successful. (S) 认为自己是成功者
16. I feel trapped and stuck in my current position. (G) 感到受困于当前的职位
17. I feel in control of my career destiny. (S) 感到职业命运掌握在自己手中
18. I am working at the level of my full potential. (S) 在工作中能充分发挥自己的潜力
19. My current career negatively impacts those close to me. (G) 当前职业对我身边亲密的人有消极影响
20. I have a desire to try something new and different. (G) 我渴望尝试新鲜和不同的事物
Now, count the number of "S" and "G" responses you have. "S" means "Stay" and "G" means "Go." This checklist is a reliable indicator of whether or not your present job is a good fit for you. Clearly, the more "G" ("Go") responses you checked, the more critical it is for you to start thinking about new opportunities.